Saturday, 11 February 2012

Positive Mental Attitude. Polka-dotted, of course...





This week has been a bit of a week for taking stock. Not of stuff, so to speak, but more of life. 
Crikey, that sounds deep, and it is deep, I suppose.
Family is all important. Health. Happiness. All those blase analogies that we throw away in a sentence but so rarely actually stop to dwell on.
Well this week I dwelled. 
I painted too, but mainly, I dwelled.
I thought about what I have. I thought about my lovely boys, my funny, witty, good hearted boys. And my other half, a truly kind and generous soul, who really is the other half of me, and I felt lucky. 
And my sister, my beautiful, talented, inspiring sister, my very best friend. I think we kicked each other up the bum a bit this week. I think we needed to as well. Lets carry on kicking.
We are lucky. Look at the boys. Look now.
So then, tomorrow is a new day and I have a lot to be glad about. Challenges too, but ones I hope to rise to remembering how lucky I am. 
Wow - I bet you never expected that today. I didn't expect that today either.
Nothing is insurmountable. 
Tomorrow I will pick up my brush and carry on.
And smile while I do it.
Might even sing a little.
(Not too much though) - don't want to bring on the rain...


Nite
x



1 comment:

  1. Just read this and something wet leaked out of my eyes.
    Although have to say do not feel inspiring - have wine in one hand and egg custard in the other, and it's almost half past midnight!
    Where would I be without you to tell me I am not terrible?
    x

    ReplyDelete