Saturday, 18 February 2012

Can't see for looking....

Help !!! Have painters block, if there ever was such a thing. 
Am working on a small table and chairs, have coated the chairs in the first layer of Annie Sloan chalk paint in Chateau Grey. A lovely greeny grey colour, it is. Am struggling to settle on the top coat colour...I keep swaying to Old Ochre, then the feeling of wanting to be a bit more radical creeps in and before I know it I'm ooooooing and ahhhhhhing..
Then I'm on here, avoiding the chairs altogether. 
Then I make a coffee, avoiding again, I hear you say...
Right, enough talk, time for action.
Errr, here I go........
I'm still going.....
Will be back in a little while, no doubt. 
Ooooo, is that the kettle boiling??


xx

1 comment:

  1. Well, one chair now half painted.
    And I'm not so happy with it.
    Back to the drawing board.
    May not go for total coverage, what about the 'chippy' look ?? hmmm - I find myself really drawn to super heavily distressed pieces.....what to do, what to do.....
    Do something, thats what :)

    ReplyDelete