Friday, 20 January 2012

Day one, well sort of... today I join the ranks of those who have claimed a little bit of the internet as their own and created a blog...me, a blog, well I never !!
My hope for this blog is that it will be a kind of diary to follow me as I throw myself into my new adventure - sourcing, restoring and painting vintage furniture. Anyone who knows me will be well aware that I just LOVE to paint, love to find a piece that is sliding its way quietly towards obscurity and give it a new identity, a new purpose in life, then hopefully a new home. 
There is nothing quite like it. (For me, anyway!)
Does that sound a bit cheesy? Probably, but its SO true, you know. 
Love it, love it, love it.
Well, tomorrow I will be uploading a few photographs of some previous projects, to give you an idea of what I do. Hope you like them.
I'm currently working on a piece that only two days ago positively GLOWED with honeyed pine orangeyness....don't think thats even a word.....well, its now a gorgeous hand mixed shade of duck egg blue and everyone who has seen it wants to take it off my paint covered hands. (Me included actually.., but I can't keep them all, I know....or so my other half says...) 
Thats my measure, you see, if I LOVE it, then I have to hope others will too.
So, off to bed I go, will post again tomorrow with photos.
Nite nite internet
x



No comments:

Post a Comment